These are tips for Travelers and foremost Backpackers who travel more advanced routes and maybe more countries in one vacation. I dedicate this site to things that happen rarely, but when they do, there are life altering consequences which you can face or just random inconveniences.
Learn these advanced Travel Safety Tips who can save you from different life altering troubles or inconveniences.
1. Passport Stamps Make a picture of a photo after every time you get a new stamp in a passport. The issue is that if you lose your passport, local government could think you are an illegal immigrant and put you in jail before knowing anything else. So this little 5 second of effort can save you a day in a horrible jail cell.
2. Pocket Check Before you cross national boarder or some other kind of checkpoint, clear all your pockets on your bag and everywhere else and make sure no other person has hidden something illegal in there. Again this 5min effort could save you from a lifetime in jail for drug trafficking. Chances are very slim that you are the victim of that kind of horrible criminal incident. But there are cases out there, that criminals have hidden drugs in another persons backpack, especially in countries where there are very hard drug trafficking enforcements. So people spent two or three years in custody in a foreign country, before getting released.
3. International Drivers License Getting an international drivers license can make sense. Especially if you are on a backpacking trip where you didn't plan the entire trip before hand. So you don't spontaneously go in a country where they don't accept your own drivers license.
4. International Vaccination Card Get an international vaccination card. There are countries which only allow access if you have made a particular vaccination, for example yellow fever. And they only accept the international vaccination card. This can save you from getting sent back from where you came from on your destinations airport. And of course inform yourself if any and if yes, which vaccinations are needed before you travel to your destination.
5. Cloud Server A Cloud Server Can Save You Create a cloud server based platform, like google drive or Dropbox where you upload important documents like a copy of your passport, your stamped passport pictures (see point 1), vaccination card and others. So if you lose something you just need an internet connection to get to the most important documents. Give the login information to a trusted person back home, so if something happens to you they can help you out more easily. Also upload photos on a Cloud Server so even if your camera gets away, your photos are safe. A Travel Safety Tip You Want To Keep In Mind.
6. Official Authorization If you travel for a longer period of time, allow a trusted person an official authorization on things like bank account and health insurance. Again if something happens to you another person can help you more effectively.